Buffalo Mud is known for being tough and unyielding and maybe even a little mean, at times. But, we also have a soft side. We like puppies and kittens and holding hands. And, we especially like to look wistfully back on a year where: no one expected the Patriots not to have a first round bye in the NFL Playoffs; to a time when it was morally reprehensible to cage children for seeking a better life in America; and to reflect and grieve for those we lost this past year: Jan Michael Vincent, King Kong Bundy and rocker, Eddie Money, among many others.
But, to quote an ancient Zen master: “Shit happens.” So, to mark some of the shit that happened, we put together a retrospective of our favorite Buffalo Mud stories of 2019.
Thank you for the support. Continued health, happiness and more Patriot’s losses in 2020- Go Bills!!!
- In the new “me too” frontier, we started the year helping three, out of touch privileged white men cleanse their tawdry crude souls, ahead of their forty-year reunion.
- We had some fun with congresswoman Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez supposed tax on the air we breathe.
- We covered the implications of the Rob Gronkowski retirement from the New England Patriots in March of 2019.
- “Local Author,” P.A.Kane had a banner year in everything except book sales.
- Erie County Comptroller, Stefan Mychajliw (Mychajliw– pronounced: Opportunitstfuckingasshole)used the county’s whistleblower hotline not to to appeal to the fear and resentments of low information voters, but to really root out undocumented workers applying for driver licenses. The move seems to have backfired on him.
- Senior Mud Contributor, David P. Zach, when he wasn’t running down a thousand loose ends as Kanye West’s fixer, he was providing biting social commentary on today’s hottest issues that attempted to point out why he is better than the rest of us.
- At the end of the summer local drummer Ron Leisten found himself in the center of a controversy that demoted him from “Bad Ronald,” to “Just Ronald.”
- Local author P.A. Kane was very close to supplementing his income as the 1.5 millionth ranked Amazon author with a gig at Spectrum News. If only he was a little more handsome.
- Besides being cutting edge satire, Buffalo Mud is known for being on top of current social trends. The “man purse,” sort of became a thing in 2019.
- Nothing warms our hearts at Buffalo Mud like the people of Western New York settling their differences through civil discourse and maybe a drink at Molly McGuire’s.
Thank you again for your continued support.